Visa application for study in china jw202 or jw201

News And Updates
Student Stories
  • Students up for a second LEGO2NANO hackathon Students and researchers from UCL’s Engineering and MAPS Faculties, Institute of Making and London Centre for Nanotechnology
  • Advice for Waitlisted Students Over the next couple of months, high school graduates will be receiving lots of college admissions decisions from their home country. Some good news, some bad news, It’s hard to know what to make of a better decision. 
University News
Campus Life
Visa application for study in china jw202 or jw201

A Chinese Student visa is divided into two categories, namely X1(JW202) and X2(JW201). A X1 visa is issues to students who are authorized to study for a period exceeding 6 months while a X2 visa is for students who will be in China for less than 6 months. Holder of X1 visa must register at local public security bureau within 30 days of arrival, where the China Residence Permit will be issued to replace X1 visa.


The requirements for the application of a visa are as follows:

1. Applicant's original passport valid up to at least six months with at least one blank page.

2. One accurately and truthfully completed Application Form. 

3. Please affix one recent passport style color photo with full face, front view, no hat, and against a plain light background on the application form.

4. Original and a copy of approved Foreign Student Visa Application Form JW202 or JW201 (for X1 application only).

5. Original and a copy of Admission Notice from the China universities and colleges. Note: for foreigners who want to apply for Chinese Medical Internship, the original and a copy of Application Form for Medical Internship and Admission Notice for training in practice issued by the university are required


The application process is as follows:

1. You may submit the application to the consular office of the Chinese Embassies or Consulates in person.

2. Or you can entrust someone else (e.g. friends, relatives), a travel agency or a visa agency to act on your behalf if you can't come personally. Power of attorney is not required.

3. Mailed applications are not accepted and will be refused by most of Chinese embassies or consulates.

share_phone_icon share_facebook_icon share_twitter_icon share_youtube_icon share_pinterest_icon share_linkedin_icon share_instagram_icon email_icon top_icon