How To Obtain An X Visa (Student Visa) For The China Study

News And Updates
Student Stories
  • Students up for a second LEGO2NANO hackathon Students and researchers from UCL’s Engineering and MAPS Faculties, Institute of Making and London Centre for Nanotechnology
  • Advice for Waitlisted Students Over the next couple of months, high school graduates will be receiving lots of college admissions decisions from their home country. Some good news, some bad news, It’s hard to know what to make of a better decision. 
University News
Campus Life
  • Interpersonal relationship established between ACASC and African Countries ACASC CEO Dr. Gulnar, has established rapport with several nationals of African countries in China. It purposely focuses on further promoting the mutually beneficial cooperation between ACASC and African countries. A goal of getting mutual understanding o
  • ACASC Reminder*** Last 10 days ! Admission Open for 2017 March Session ! Guaranteed admission and Partial Scholarship OPEN for Shandong Jiaotong University (SDJTU), Last 10 days for 2017 March Session.
  • Chinese New Year Chinese New Year, also known as the "Spring Festival" (simplified Chinese Pinyin: Chūn Jié) in modern Mainland China, is an important Chinese festival celebrated at the turn of the traditional lunar Chinese calendar. Celebrations traditionally run fro
  • International Supermarkets in China Supermarkets and hypermarkets are becoming more and more prevalent in China. A supermarket is a large form of the traditional grocery store: a self-service shop offering a wide variety of food and household products, organized into aisles. A hypermarket,
How to Obtain an X Visa

All international students leaving outside China has to obtain an X Visa (Student Visa) before they can be able to travel to China and study. The requirements for obtaining an X Visa differ from country to country. But this guide will give you the general requirements.

What are the steps involve in obtaining an X Visa?

Step 1: Receive your original Admission Letter and Jw201 or Jw202 from the university you’ve gained admission into. Universities and Colleges in China, send the original documents through mail to students who have gained admission to their institution. These documents are the most important documents in obtaining an X Visa (Student visa). Without these two documents, the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in various countries cannot grant an X Visa (Student visa). 

Step 2: Visit the nearest Government Hospital and perform your physical examination. The physical examination form is also an important document when applying for visa. In some countries, the Chinese Embassy or Consulate has assigned specific hospitals or clinics where this examination should be done. Contact the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in your country for more details on how and where to do the physical examination.

Step 3: After obtaining all the required documents, visit the high court in your country and attest the documents. Present the original documents for attestation. Most Chinese Embassy or Consulate requires that the various documents for the visa application must be attested. Contact the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in your country for more details.

Step 4: Go to the nearest Chinese Embassy or Consulate and apply for the X Visa (Student Visa). Some Chinese Embassies provide express visa services, others don’t. Based on your study duration in China, the Chinese Embassy will determine either to grant you an X1 or X2 visa.

live chat