Dalian Polytechnic University Visa Application


Successful applicants will be mailed the necessary documents to apply for an entry visa. You must visit your local Chinese Embassy/Consulate in your home country. X1 visa is issued to those who intend to study in China for a period of more than 180 days. X2 visa is issued to those who intend to study in China for a period less than 180 days.


  • Supporting documents:

1.     Applicant’s original passport valid up to at least 6 months with one or more empty page(s), a photocopy of the passport’s data page and the picture page if it’s separate.

2.     One completedVisa application form.pdf with a recently taken color passport sized photo against a light (white) background. The photo must be taken with the full-face showing.

3.     Proof of legal stay or residence status (applies to those not applying for the visa in their country of citizenship.

4.     Certificate of highest diploma obtained.

5.     Original and photocopy of the Admission letter issued by the university.

6.     Visa Application form for studying in China (also known as the JW202/JW201 form).

7.     The original foreigner physical examination form.

8.     Proof of financial means, including scholarship, bank statement of sponsorship etc.

NB: Do make sure that your admission letter and your JW202/JW201 form is handed back to you together with your passport. You will need these documents to apply for residence permit when you arrive at your university in China.

We kindly remind you that: Besides the documents mentioned above, other documents might be required by the Chinese Embassy/Consulate to decide whether to issue the visa or not. 

  • What is a JW202/JW201 form?

The JW202/JW201 form is an official document required by the Chinese Embassy/Consulate. The Ministry of Education (MOE), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), the Ministry of Public Security (MOPS) and the local governments in China issue this document. Sample of these documents can be found on the Internet but there’s no use if you download them and use them to apply. Each JW202/JW201 has a unique code specifically for each student.

The Chinese Embassy accepts only JW202/JW201 form issued by your university in China. The document must be approved and verified by the Ministry of Education (MOE), the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), the Ministry of Public Security (MOPS) and the local governments in China. This document is only accepted after this process has successfully been performed.

  • Physical Examination

All students are required by the Chinese Embassy/Consulate to perform the physical examination before applying for visa in their home country. Most Chinese Embassy/Consulate has specific hospitals or government hospitals that they require students to perform this examination. The original document of your physical examination form is a required document for applying for a Chinese visa in your home country and also needed to apply for a resident permit whiles in China.


  • Methods of visa application

1.     An applicant can submit their application by themselves.

2.     An applicant can let an agency submit it on their behalf.

3.     In some countries, it’s possible to apply for a Chinese visa through posting the documents.


For more inquiries, visit the Official Chinese Embassy/Consulate websites.  Type the address of your desired search engine e.g. Google , BingYahoo etc. and in the search tool, type Chinese Embassy in “ your home country”. For example, Chinese Embassy in the United States of America. Click on the link and you’ll be directed to the official website of the Chinese Embassy in the United States of America.

share_phone_icon share_facebook_icon share_twitter_icon share_youtube_icon share_pinterest_icon share_linkedin_icon share_instagram_icon email_icon top_icon