Application Documents of Applying for University in China

Application Documents

If you apply for a university through ACASC, you don't need to send your application documents by courier you only have to upload scanned copies of the necessary documents after you've filled out the entire application form. After you’ve uploaded documents for one application, the documents will be saved in the ACASC system; the ACASC system will access the important documents automatically when you apply for a different university. 


ACASC Reminder:

  1. It's best to submit scanned copies of the required documents. Please make sure that the scanned or photographed documents are fine and visible, and then upload them to us.

  2. If your School certificate and transcripts are not in English or in Chinese, they must be strictly translated into English or Chinese and notarized.  

  3. The size of your photo should be the same size as a passport photo. 48mm X 33mm.


General Knowledge on “Basic & Extra Application Documents” to Study in China

Usually, copies of your passport, transcript, and School certificate are required of the universities.The following documents may be required by some universities, you will have to submit the required ones to prevent hitches in your application, however, if the university that you applied don’t require you to offer them, then you can ignore it.

  • Results of HSK: HSK results show the level of a student's Chinese proficiency. Sometimes Results of HSK may be needed for the facilitation of some courses, especially when you apply for a Degree program taught in Chinese medium. However, most of the time, you don’t need to submit Results of HSK for programs taught in English.

  • Results of IELTS or TOEFL: If you apply for English- taught programs, IELTS or TOEFL test results are often required. If your Parent language is English, you don’t need to provide Results of IETS or TOEFL; if you were taught in an English medium school, you don’t need to provide Results of IELTS or TOEFL, but you must submit evidence from your school to verify your English proficiency.

  • Results of Medical Examination: Your Results of Medical Examination is needed in the process of getting an admission from a Chinese university, it will also be required when you apply for an X visa in Chinese embassy in your country, or applying for a residence permit from local authorities when you have arrived in China. 
ACASC Reminder: Only when you are applying for an X visa (period of study more than 6 months), you need to provide us with Physical Examination Record


  • Recommendation Letter: One or two letters of recommendation may be needed as a reference especially for the post-graduate applicants. You can ask your current or former tutor (including a Chinese teacher), or employer to be your referee and ensure the referee signs on the letter of recommendation. Usually, a recommendation letter should include: a careful assessment of the applicant's study and research abilities, performance, individual character, leadership skills, team spirit, potential for development among others. 

  • Financial Guarantor Letter: Sometimes, universities will request for a Financial Guarantor Letter. If you are self-financed, the person financing the tuition fees must complete and sign the form that is indicated in the application procedure to the university, if you have been awarded a scholarship from an organization, please get the needed proof from the relevant organization and upload the document. 

  • Personal statement/Resume/CV: in some cases, some Chinese universities require your personal statement. It should be approximately 500-1000 words in length and describe your personal qualities, educational background, interests, why you want to study in China, your future academic or career plans, among others. If you have already got a job, please make sure include your work experience; if you want to apply for post-graduate courses, please include your field of research and a study plan. 

  • A notarization from guarantor for applicants under 18 years old: If you are below 18 years old, should submit one. The procedures for obtaining a notarization are as stated. (1): your parents or guardian should write a letter of proxy authorizing an adult in China to act as a guarantor. After the letter has been notarized, you take the certificate of notarization to the Chinese embassy to be reviewed and authenticated. (2): the guarantor takes the authentication certificate and a confirmation letter that they are entrusted as a guarantor to the local notary office in China for notarization. A statement of guarantor for minors will be forwarded to you and the guarantor. Then you should upload a copy of the statement with your application materials. 
ACASC Reminder: Only valid copies of your application documents are accepted when registering at the school. 

  • A notarization of guarantor Guardian's Letter of Guarantee: If you are 18 and above, you should get one guarantor letter which must be completed and signed by your parents, and upload the letter along with the application documents. 
ACASC Reminder: Some universities may require that the guarantor is Chinese. 

share_phone_icon share_facebook_icon share_twitter_icon google_share_plus_icon share_youtube_icon share_pinterest_icon share_linkedin_icon share_instagram_icon email_icon top_icon